Fonts and Sibelius 7
Here is the instruction for use in Sibelius 7.
Maestro replacements work well with Sibelius 7 (Vienna, Oslo, Paris, Stockholms).
Firenza needs more tweaking. Other fonts are addendums, work well but are not a direct replacement (because they are extras and don’t include all symbols).
Here is the instruction in OS X for the change from Opus to Oslo, but works in Windows as well with other fonts.
- Install font on your machine.
- Start your score.
- Add substitutions:
Go to Preferences, Music Fonts, and click on Choose… at Music font (upper left):
- Choose font Oslo (or Vienna or Stockholms or Paris):
- Click OK and than Add Font buttons.
- On the right panel choose substitutes: for each substitute you need to click in to the field and than click on Choose… and select the font Oslo. When ready, click on Set Substitutions
- Go to your open document’s panel, and select menu Text and click on the right bottom corner close to Styles to open a window:
- Select Common symbols and click on Edit…
- At Basic Formats/Font: choose Oslo and click OK.
- Than choose Music Text and click Edit…
- Make the same selection to Oslo and choose 24 pt. size.
- Now the all important symbols are transformed in to Oslo from Opus. At the step 6 and 8 you can set up other substitutes.